Sunday, April 12, 2009

Randomness

Okay, so I have mostly given up on doing many posts. Just no fun without putting up pictures. I'm getting near the end of this contract, which I think is a good thing... starting to get cranky with the guests.

It really surprises me how many people sort of put their brains in "sleep mode" when they're on vacation. Like the lady who a few cruises ago comes to the desk almost in tears. She had just received all of her bags except for one, and now couldn't remember whether she picked it up from the airport or not. I explained to her that it isn't uncommon for the bags to get separated and arrive at different times to the room. Had her fill out our report for lost luggage anyway, just in case, and had someone call the lost & found at the airport for her. And when she filled out the description of the bag? Bright red duffle bag. How do you miss that at the airport? And isn't it the most important thing before you leave the airport to make sure that you have all your bags, and to make sure that they are in fact your bags? Surprisingly for a lot of people it's not...

Our department is in the middle of planning an all-crew party in the Starquest Disco. Should be fun, but it's a lot of work. This is going to happen next cruise.

Really, lately I don't seem to have too much time to do much of anything. Although I have had time to figure out that if I work out my hourly wage with my salary, I get paid somewhere in the range of $5.50 -$6.80 an hour. And they wonder why we have such high turnover...

I do have a day off next cruise too, which I think I'm taking in Rhodes. Hopefully that will be interesting. Or at least relaxing. This cruise we have lots of kids because of Easter and March break, which is of course bringing out the crazies. Only 7 more days left of the cruise. And then only 2 more cruises left before I sign off, which is still listed as being May 11th.

5 comments:

George said...

Sorry to hear that cruising isn't all it's cracked up to be, but secretly we are glad that you're coming home :) (At least this way we have a chance to see all these great places you've been!)

Carolyn said...

You will be home in time for my birthday! I expect an awesome present. Suzanne also has mom convinced that we need to get pedicures at the spa when you get home. Yay!

Anonymous said...

Pedicures are unneccessary.

It will be good, though, to have you home. We're looking forward to your gourmet cooking and gardening expertise.

Dad

Suzanne said...

Pedicures are always necessary. We like pretty toes.

Even if you can't post them now, take lots of pictures anyway so we can see them when you come home.

Erica said...

Well, I am definitely looking forward to coming home. I do have lots of pictures this time, hopefully we'll get them posted when I get home. Otherwise I'll make you all sit down and watch a fun slide show. :)