Friday, April 24, 2009

A Little Bit of Home...

For those of you that know my mom, this post will make you laugh...

The last night of our last cruise, we had a pretty big lineup, and this lady comes to the desk, and she was from Canada. She went to someone else, and she said that I had helped her yesterday, or at least spoken with her, so she had brought me something. And just what did she have? Two boxes of girl guide cookies. She said that she was a comissioner, and I replied that my family was in guiding, so I understood. Anyway, this actually did sort of make my night, it made me think of home. Of course, I realize that I might be sort of creating a monster, maybe the next time my mom goes cruising she'll start packing boxes of cookies in her suitcase.

Anyway, only just over 2 weeks until I'm home. I don't have flights yet, but I should know in the next couple of days. I think I'll just have to do like I did last time, and do a bunch of posts once I get home with lots of pictures. I hope everything is going fine in Canada, and hopefully the weather is getting nicer for me.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

No cookies. Cookies take up too much space, space that should be used for shoes.

And the weather is much nicer, you have picked a good time to come back!

Carolyn said...

But getting rid of cookies on the cruise gives you more room to buy and bring shoes back.

Weather is getting better. My grass looks green so I think it is spring. George will probably have to mow it soon.