Monday, July 21, 2008

Almost back home...

So, I am in the middle of my last cruise on the ship before I'll be home. It's hard to believe that I've been here for over 5 months now...

The visit with my parents went well. I didn't acutally get to see a whole lot of them, I was on night shift for the first few days that they were here, so I was sleeping a lot of the time during the evenings, and then I managed to get a pretty horrible cold, so I was trying to sleep that off the best I could. But I still managed to pass it along to them in the end. But even if they weren't visiting with me all the time, they were doing a lot of sightseeing on their own, with tours every day, so they weren't too lonely. We did manage to get out for a dinner at one of the specialty restaurants one night, Portofino, which is our Italian one. It was very good, but of course a lot of food, and I think we all ate too much. We decided to go to the show afterwards with the singers and dancers, but I'm pretty sure that all three of us slept through it.

So, now I think I have about a week or so left, and I have to pack and get everything together, and try to manage to fit everything into my suitcases. I'm very excited to be coming home, but at the same time, I am definitely going to miss it here and all the people that I've met so far. It will be different to be able to sleep in, and not have to listen to guest complaints all day. But of course, they have me scheduled to come back here in October, so I'm sure that before long I'll be back on the ship, and it will seem like I never left.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

A small thing to look forward to: I have a bottle of "Ring of Fire" waiting for you on my counter.

Jack is also looking forward to showing you all of his new tricks. Sleeping in the linen closet on the new towels, sleeping in newly folded laundry in baskets, sleeping on the bath mat, sleeping on the floor, and of course loudly reminding you and patting you in the morning to get up and feed him.