Saturday, March 15, 2008

Another New Cruise

Yesterday marked the beginning of my fourth cruise so far. With it came a few different things. The first is that I realized yesterday that Easter is this weekend, which I completely forgot about. It's easy to do when I hardly even know what day it is anymore. This also means that it's March break, so we have a lot more kids on board this cruise. We always have a few, but now it seems like they're running around all over the place. Should make for lots of new and interesting problems.

Another difference is that I have a new Emergency Number. This is my third number so far. All crew on the ship have an emergency card, which they must carry with them at all times. On the card, it tells you the emergency number you've been assigned, and your emergency station. All emergency numbers have specific instructions for what they have to do given certain types of emergencies.

It also tells you which drills you have participate in. With my new number and instructions, I get to participate in the passenger drill. I've been assigned to a muster station, which means that at the beginning of every cruise I have to stand outside in my suit, and direct people to their muster stations. This week this happened to be over my break, which did not make me too happy. At least I only have to wear a florescent vest, and not the lifejacket, which would be much worse.

Anyway, I'm sure this will be an interesting cruise, already everyone seems to be a bit wired, and the guests are coming up with all sorts of problems that they want us to solve.

No comments: